- Every day after work, I see a massive kickball tournament with 2 games going on at any given time. There must be more than 10 teams and this has been going on for three weeks now.
- While walking past said kickball tourney, I was asked by a foreign (possible eastern European, based on the accent) couple to explain what was going on, as they were "seeing this game for the first time."
- There's a homeless man who rakes up the leaves and grass clippings in his space. He has the tidiest plot of grass out of all the camps. It's unclear how/from where he attained a rake.
- An elderly man got sick of waiting in traffic and decided that the walking paths in the park were just wide enough to...drive through. This is a public park where children should be able to frolic at will; it's not a shortcut, no matter how old and senile you are.
- A guy on a bike pedaled across the street, through the entrance of the park, and straight into a bush. He looked rather surprised to see it in front of him.
- A man and woman stood between 2 bushes holding a basketball and looking around nervously. She dived into one of the bushes, dropped her pants and squatted. I quickened my pace.
- A well dressed man sat on a bench, napping with his chin on his chest. Next to him sat an open, industrial sized bag of Reeses Pieces.
- I came here with an archaeology class (and professor) to learn to launch wooden spears with a atlatl. The police said we were spear-throwing too close to playground filled with kiddies. We got kicked out.
I don't understand this place. I just don't.