The set was something out of Willy Wonka with whipped cream mountains, bon-bon shaped confetti, and candy canes on the stairs. There's nothing I like more than vibrant colors and gratuitous amounts of glitter; sometimes, life really is all about rainbows and sparkles.
I love any occasion that allows me to dress up, wear shiny heels and spray myself with hair and body glitter (yeah, I looked like a Christmas ornament, but I could have used a lot more shine).
|Oh look, that's Katy Perry in the background. With a super long, tri-colored boa.|
Here are a few highlights of the concert:
1. When she invited approximately 60 fans onstage to dance with her and stopped her performance to take a facebook profpic with an awkward tween
2. When she shot whipped cream (or was it soap?) into the audience during California Gurls
3. When she gave a shout out to NY's new legislation and reminded everyone that CT was one of the first states to allow gay marriage. Pretty progressive for the daughter of a Christian pastor.
4. When she sang covers of Whip my Hair and Friday
5. Her approximately two and a half million costume changes
6. Her glittery candy button outfit - it was both shiny and delicious looking!
7. The fact that her show had an actual storyline, rather than being just a hodgepodge of her famous hits
8. The pyrotechnics used when she sang Firework
9. Rainbows, sparkles, and the fact that she's the most adorable thing on the planet
|Oh look, that's Katy Perry in my hand.|
Verdict: 1. Rockin' concert, 2. I want to play Candy Land, and 3. I may or may not dream about cupcakes for the next week or so.