Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break Hurts (Literally)

Apparently, this spring break is all about self-inflicted wounds. In the last four days, I have
  1. Scraped up my knuckles until they bled. **Note: I may or may not have cut myself while punching a box-spring.
  2. Sprained my wrist (minimally, but still).
  3. Hit myself in the nose (where I broke it so many years ago) with an iron rod from a table saw.
  4. Contracted several splinters from boxes made of very old wood that's been treated with godknowswhat.
  5. Watched Inception for the first time (aka, put my mind into a blender and pushed the "frappe" button).
Racial band-aids? 

I wouldn't suggest engaging in any of these activities. Because they all suck. And what do I have to show for my pains? A scarred left hand and an unsightly discoloration on the bridge of my nose. COOL. Apparently, I'm an extremely successful spring-breaker. Not. 

Oh, and the weather has been looking something like this:
Awesome.

That is to say, grey and miserable. Which just psychologically painful. Spring break is supposed to be about beaches and sand and tans and warm weather. It is not supposed to be all about grey skies, uncomfortably chilly temperatures, and frigid precipitation. But wait, here's tomorrow's forecast:

Wed
9am
10am11amNoon1pm2pm3pmWed
4pm









Forecast
Rain
Rain
Rain
Rain
Cloudy
Rain
Rain
Rain
Temp (°F)40°41°44°47°48°49°50°52°
RealFeel®37°38°40°43°44°45°46°47°
Wind (mph)7 ESE8 ESE9 ESE9 SE9 S9 SSW9 SW9 WSW
Humidity87%85%82%80%78%75%73%72%
Dewpoint3637394141414243



Dear Mother Nature,
I just want to go outside without a coat, kay? I want the sky to not look like it's trapping me in a steel case (of emotion). My daffodils are not happy. The crocuses have croaked, but they refuse to bloom. I cannot take Vitamin D pills forever. I WANT SUN.

Self reflection: My mind hurts and my body hurts. I want to curl up under a blanket and watch hours and hours of television. I need Reeses cups to soothe my woes.

Or this. This could perhaps be the most welcoming sight on planet Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment