|We've had a good run, but it's time to say goodbye. And honestly, it's you.|
- Fickleness and Instability - It shuts itself off just for the hell of it. What's even more interesting is that when I turn it back on, all of my customizations have disappeared. I'm left with a picture of an ice cube as my wallpaper and it vibrates and clicks when I use the touch screen. I hate the vibrating touch screen...
- Butt Dials - Every once in a while, I'll call my best friend over 15 times in a 5 minute time span. NBD. I also leave 10 minute voicemail messages of walking noises to people who I haven't talked to since high school. Also totally NBD. I mean, unless that sort of thing is annoying.
- Butt Text Messages - Some people get really confused by messages that look like this: ;OWDGKJBG983402345KWSGOUSDK23 DFKLB032NUI. I'd love to call that a secret code but really, it's just a message from the inner lining of my purse. Sigh.
- Roaming - Every time I move in or out of a roaming area, my phone yells VERIZON WIRELESS at me. This is especially irritating when I'm sitting on a ski lift yelling "SHUT UP" at my chest zipper pocket because every damn pine tree screws up the coverage area. On the other hand, this might give me an excuse to blame my crazy on the evils of technology...
- Alarms - Sometimes, they just turn off. This is terribly problematic considering this phone acts as the alarm clock that gets me to class in the morning. It tries to make up for its transgressions by adding alarms at other random intervals. For example, my phone alarm went into air-raid-notification mode today at noon. I DID NOT SET A MID DAY ALARM SO STOP YELLING AT ME.
So here's the quandary: the iPhone 4S
|OMG SO SHINY|
Am I a little sad that Apple has given us an iPhone 4S rather than an iPhone 5? Yes, yes I am. But do I still want it? OMG so much. If you'll remember back to this here cell phone post that I wrote earlier in the year, I've been going back and forth between an iPhone and an an Android device. I've never had a cell phone with internet on it before and I want one and I want it nooooooow (extra points for guessing the reference). That said, data plan prices encourage me to just stay in my tiny hovel of the technological dark ages and shun the interwebz.
Yes, I've already done quite a bit of research on the current smartphone market, but my decision making abilities are seriously hampered by my epic miserliness. I specifically waited to upgrade until the release of the new iPhone, but now it's actually time for me to spend money...
I'm just too weak to make this decision on my own.