1. Heat waves suck. One-hundred degree weather with 50+% humidity rather feels like you're living in the Everglades/drowning in your own sweat. Solutions:
- Talcom powder. Lots of it. I know I'm not 6 months old, but I am suffering. Don't judge me.
- Soak a shirt, lay it on bare skin, and point a fan directly at it. Homemade air conditioner! Granted, you might end up with a shredded immune system, but it's totally worth it.
- Borrow a movie and watch it in Lamont. Libraries are air conditioned and contain feature films that you do not have to pay for. I'm watching Mean Girls as I type. I am so fetch.
- Libraries - air conditioned and free computers.
- Science Center - air conditioned, free computers, and fewer high schoolers freaking about their summer school classes.
- Read a book/take a walk. Not at the same time.
|Or this guy. You work out. Congrats. Is that even a shirt?|
- No walking alone after dark. There are real city rats on the street after dark.
- Look no one in the eye. You never know who'll try to put a hex on you.
- Walk with a purpose. If you don't, you might get roped into taking some old man's Bible quiz.