Brunch doesn't start until noon and there' a snowball's chance in hell that anyone else would be awake so early. There's no one to talk to, but there's a whole lot of silence screaming at me from my empty common room. Early on a Sunday, there are only so many options to keep myself occupied. For example:
- Lay in bed for 45 minutes, willing myself to sleep. Fail.
- Check my email over and over, willing the intertubes to send me something to respond to. Fail.
- Read Lolita. Semi-success.
- Stare out the window like a cat in front of a bird feeder. And wonder how the sun can be so bright and cheery so early in the morning. Boring.
- Think about how early I'm going to be tired tonight. I'll give myself until about 9pm. Crap.
- Wonder if the insomnia that plagued me last semester is returning, but with sleeplessness moving to the morning rather than when I go to sleep. Really, REALLY hope not.
Oh, and I can ramble about my troubles on the internet. This is officially the most boring blog post ever, but what else can I do so early in the morning? Classes haven't even started yet, so there's no work to do.
I fail so hardcore that I even fail at sleeping. So.Much.Fail.
|The tree is a metaphor for life. I'm so deep.|