Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Blizzard Time!

Babes in a hot-tub. Nice.
I love snow. Life would be pretty sweet if I were Japanese Macaque. I would live in the highlands, carry snowballs around, and chill with my friends in natural hot springs. What a sweet life (disclaimer: this opinion may be generated by my having just completed a course on primates.

D'awwwwwwwwww

















But I digress. I was talking about the wintery, blustery, snowy mayhem outside right now. The wind is howling and the snowing is blowing sideways, and I couldn't be happier about it. Remember when a storm meant no school, hot cocoa, and silly hats? Well, I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can drink my coffee, look out the window, and feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside (I love the warm fuzzies). Here are some wintery memories that make me want to put on my snow suit right now:

1. Making an igloo out of shoveled driveway snow.

2. Spontaneously engaging my father in snowball fights. I was rarely met with retaliation.

3. Sledding down the greens at the local golf course. Awesome tip: To make your sled extra fast, spray the bottom with cooking spray. WIN.

4. Coming inside to warm radiators, fresh cookies, and hot cocoa.

nomnomnom


5. Watching the bird feeder outside the kitchen window. Admittedly, this makes me sound like a senior citizen/member of the Audubon society, but few sights are as beautiful as a bright red cardinal flitting across white snow drifts and stopping on evergreen boughs.

6. Flopping backwards into a snow drift and not even worrying about cracking my head open. In hindsight, this may have been a bad idea.

7. Eating fistfuls of snow and telling myself that they were actually just super-healthy sno-cones. Totally not the same...

I was really good at pretending.
8. Taking my dog outside to watch her bound through the snow drifts like a gazelle in high grass. And she's just so dern cute when she snuffles snow up her nose. 

9. Opening my bedroom window to the protruding roof outside. This is important because it allowed me to eat snow, make snowballs, and measure snow-fall height without going outside. Or even leaving my room. So, I may or may not have had a lazy streak. Or....I was incredibly innovative. 

10. Walking words and pictures into the snow with my bootprints. This was most rewarding when I got to make the first tracks across the yard after a storm. I am the maker of footprints and the traverser of pure terrains. I love walking on fresh snow.

SNOW PALACE. WANT. 

2 comments:

  1. japanese macaques, always a classic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope that comment was written by someone who took HEB with me.

    ReplyDelete